10 December 2014

Penelope's Bed's Definitive Christmas Beauty Gift List

I put together a list of the best beauty gifts from some of my favourite products over the past year featuring Kiehl's, L'Occitane, YSL, Lancôme,, Urban Decay, Benefit and Caudalíe.


I decided to compile a piece on the best beauty products I've found this year which are all go-tos for me for Christmas presents so I thought I'd share my ideas. All of these products have been tried and tested by me and either reviewed here on Penelope's Bed or are about to be reviewed. I vouch for all of them so, welcome to Penelope's Bed's Definitive Christmas Beauty Gift List!

Lancôme La Vie Est Belle Eau de Parfum & Illuminating Fragrance Oil (€55 & €40)

I first tried out Lancome's La vie est belle via the gorgeous Illuminating Fragrance Oil which I reviewed here and it has become one of my favourite body products for special occasions. It was hard to resist the gorgeous perfume which the oil is based on, a gorgeous floral and sweet scent. If you like Viktor & Rolf Flowerbomb you will love this! Read the review of the Body Oil for more information: http://penelopesbed.blogspot.ie/2014/08/lancome-s-la-vie-est-belle.html

L'Occitane Almond Shower Oil (€20.50)

This is a very new favourite and a product I haven't stopped raving about since I tried it! It's also one of the first pamper products I thought of when I was compiling a Christmas gift list for friends and family. Loccitane's Almond Shower Oil has been on the receiving end of constant glowing reviews since it's launch, and with good reason.

For starters it's one of the most gorgeous smelling products I've ever come across. But the main draw is what this product does. It's a shower oil so it's a little different. Pour out some of the oil on your hand and apply to damp skin in the shower and the oil forms a gorgeous lather on your skin and when you dry off you realise how much softer your skin is. This is like a shower gel, body oil and moisturiser all in one which, for me, is ideal in these harsh, cold winter months when waiting around for a body lotion to absorb isn't the most desirable!

I absolutely love this! It's one product I never want to be without from here in out.

Kiehl's Midnight Recovery Concentrate (€42.50)


Another all time favourite, Kiehl's Midnight Recovery Concentrate is my desert island beauty product and really what began my interest in beyond just the basic beauty routine which in turn inspired me to set up Penelope's Bed! I have recommended Midnight Recovery Concentrate to so many people and bought it as a gift so many times which is why this is included in this Christmas gift list.

This makes such a brilliant beauty gift for anyone in your life, young or old, male or female. I wrote about this product in detail a while ago so check out this link for more details: http://penelopesbed.blogspot.ie/2014/04/burning-midnight-oil.html

 Lancôme Advanced Genifique Youth Activating Concentrate (€73 for 30ml)





This new Lancôme Advanced Genifique Youth Activating Serum is brand new so I've just started using it in the past couple of weeks but, the reason I've included it in this list is, already I've noticed such a difference in my skin. I was quite surprised how quickly I noticed my skin started looking clearer and firmer since I began using it, although I think I might be a bit younger than the target market for this product it seems like a great defense for the early signs of aging too.

The Advanced Genifique Serum is like an upgrade of Lancôme's Genifique serum, which I haven't tried before but, if you're looking for a gift, especially for someone 40+, your mum, wife, grandmother etc, this will go down a treat without doubt.

L'Occitane 5 Essential Oils Repairing Shampoo & Conditioner (Both €18.50)

Another product that has gone down in my all time favourite list this past year, L'Occitane's 5 Essential Oils Repairing Shampoo and Conditioner are really, really the most gorgeous haircare products I've ever used. The smell is just heavenly and so relaxing but the clincher is how soft and glossy these products make your hair straight away. I haven't stopped using these since I tried them first several months ago and, if you're looking for a really pampering treat for someone on your Christmas gift list, you can't go too far wrong with these. Read more about these in the article I wrote earlier in the year: http://penelopesbed.blogspot.ie/2014/09/hair-today-loccitane-5-essential-oils.html

Urban Decay Naked Illuminated Shimmering Powder for Face & Body (€29)



Another new one I had to include in this list because it's made such an impact, Urban Decay's Naked Illuminated is another winner from the brand's hugely popular and massively successful Naked Collection. I included this for two reasons: Firstly, if you present this to anyone on your Christmas gift list who likes makeup at all you will be very popular indeed. Secondly, this is such a brilliant product for the Christmas season in general. This is a gorgeous powder full of fine sparkle which you can apply, with the nice big brush provided in a second compartment under the powder, on your face and body. Perfect for Christmas party season! I


Benefit Beauty Bonbons Gift Set (€56)






Another brilliant go-to brand for Christmas gifts every year, my sisters and I almost always get each other a Benefit gift set each Christmas because, not only do you get a gift full of brilliant products, but the price is always great compared to buying each of the products individually. This Beauty Bonbons kit comes with full-size versions of all time best sellers High Beam highlighter and Hoola Blush face and body light bronzing powder, as well as deluxe sizes of other hit products They're Real Mascara (One of the best mascaras I've ever used), Porefessional and the matching lip gloss for the Hoola powder. The whole kits comes in a dinky tin that can be used again for makeup storage, cookies or even tea! It's a pretty nice presentation of Benefit's all time best-selling products.

Caudalíe Beauty Elixir (€13 for 30ml)


I feel quite bad for the poor shop assistant who encountered me in Space NK on Grafton Street after I finally decided to visit the shop. I had been trying to find this much talked about Caudalíe Beauty Elixir for so long I had no idea they sold it so I was quite excited. And it lived up to expectations and then some, I carry it around with me at all times. Full of skin-loving vitamins this elixir is a favourite of lots of celebrities including Alexa Chung. At €13 euro for this small bottle this is such a great gift or stocking filler for anyone. It gives your skin such a lovely dewy glow and makes if feel so smooth in just a couple of spritzes! I'll be reviewing this properly in the new year but I had to mention this now as part of my definitive Christmas gift suggestions because it's a great product and is very reasonably priced too.

All the Lancome, YSL and Benefit products are available from department stores and the bigger pharmacies nationwide; L'Occitane is available from L'Occitane stores nationwide and http://ie.loccitane.com/; Urban Decay is available from Debenhams stores nationwide and http://www.debenhams.ie/; Kiehl's is available from Kiehl's stores Wicklow Street, Dundrum Town Centre, Arnotts and online at http://arnotts.ie; and Caudalíe is now available in Ireland from Space NK Grafton Street and online at http://uk.spacenk.com/ and also from http://www.escentual.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment