1 December 2014

Merry Urban Decaymas! Urban Decay's Black Magic & Shadow Box Christmas Gift Sets

If you're looking for a gift for any makeup lover in your life, you can't go wrong with Urban Decay and, whether it's for a Christmas present or a treat for yourself, these limited edition sets, Shadow Box and Black Magic, are wonderful collections in themselves but also a great way to try out the brand or find your favourite Urban Decay shadows and eyeliners all at once.


It's no secret I'm a huge fan of Urban Decay here on Penelope's Bed and Christmas came early for me when these two limited edition Christmas gift sets came through my door. In fact, the first time I ever got the opportunity to try out the brand was after getting one of their palettes for Christmas years ago. The best thing about these palettes is that there are so many types available to suit every taste; from the nude and natural selection in the world famous Naked Palettes which are at the top of my wish list along side the extremely different Electro Palette that was released earlier this year.

The two sets reviewed here are the Shadow Box eyeshadow selection and the Black Magic eye pencil box and what a selection these two hold. The Black Magic box features the best eyeliners the brand makes - all 24/7 Glide-On eye pencils - and each pencil has two shades on either end. I love this box; it contains every shade of black from charcoal grey to blackest black to their 24/7 Glide-On Velvet Liner which I review earlier in the year here along with a standard brown for a more natural look and, two of my favourites LSD, a striking metallic turquoise and very Urban Decay purple with Tornado.


I must admit, when I opened the Shadow Box I may have let out a little squeal. As you can see in the image below, this palette contains 12 shades that are the absolute essence of Urban Decay. It's eyeshadows like these from the brand that made me fall for it in the first place. Their biggest strength is eye makeup and their eyeshadow palettes really are unrivaled. The Shadow Box contains a selection so perfect to gift anyone who ever wears makeup and the colours are so diverse with some pretty natural to really striking colours. This set is so great for the whole Christmas party season all the way to New Year's Eve.

Immediate favourites for me were the bolder colours which I'm so excited to wear over the party season, from the gorgeous emerald green Indo to the piercing blue of Moonshadow and I absolutely love the very Urban Decay purple Flash and the most pigmented black shadow I've ever come across, the aptly titled Blackout, is just amazing for a striking smoky look.

I've actually been wearing the pencils and shadows combined and they go so well together. Holiday makeup / gift for makeup loving person in your life = sorted!

Finally, one of the best things about limited edition beauty gift sets is the price; you get a lot more for your buck over the holidays so this Shadow Box palette is a extremely reasonable €29.00 for 12 shadows while the Black Magic eight liner kit is brilliant value at €33. Considering one pencil on its own is €15-20, getting eight for €33 is pretty great!

Urban Decay Shadow Box and Black Magic sets are available from Urban Decay counters nationwide in Debenhams and House of Fraser.

No comments:

Post a Comment