19 November 2014

Get Real! Benefit's They're Real Push-Up Liner

A little late to the party here I know but I had been dying to try Benefit's They're Real Push-Up Liner since its mega launch this summer after reading the endless rave reviews about the product and, I'm delighted to say, it was worth the wait. Here's what I found out about the most lusted after makeup product of the year and its kick ass - and very handy - companion, They're Real Remover.


A lot of expectation lay before San Francisco super-brand Benefit on the eve of the release of They're Real Push Up Liner and, after the huge and extremely well deserved success of the original They're Real Mascara, it was quite exciting to see exactly where the brand was going with this new product which promised to be a liner with a difference. And they certainly kept their word. I've never seen anything like it and it certainly does all it says it will which I was very impressed by since finding the perfect liner is a constant search for me. I just love a good cat eye.

So, this is a product that comes with instructions as it's made very differently from your regular, run of the mill liner. There are two major draws to this product. Firstly, it's lasting power, which Benefit had so much confidence in that they released a They're Real eye makeup remover at the same time the liner was launched; boy does it stay put! The second, and my personal favourite, aspect to this liner is how effortless Benefit have made the application of this product, thanks to mostly the rubber applicator tip and the solid nature of the gel.


I have been wearing and loving liquid liner for years and I have just never mastered the application process; I don't know if it's the shape of my eyes or if I have an unsteady hand or what causes so many disasters but it drives me nuts! But having the gel so solid and surrounded by an excellently designed soft rubber application tip has made such a huge difference. It kind of does most of the work for you and it makes it so easy to achieve anything from just a basic line to a much more dramatic look with very little effort.


I will say in advance this liner takes a bit of figuring out initially - it, like most Benefit products, comes with instructions - but it is definitely worth it in the long run. If you can, it would be even better to ask one of the assistants at the Benefit counter for a quick lesson in using this when you buy it so it will be plain sailing straight away. The basic instructions are to twist the bottom of the pen until you can see the liner peeking out the top. From there I practiced on my hand to gauge the correct pressure and just to practice using the liner overall before I took the leap to try it on my eyes and I'm glad I did because even the amount that comes out of the pen when you twist it takes a bit of practice getting right to make sure it goes straight on instead of twisting out too much which can end up breaking the liner off.


With a liner designed to last all day, and also following on from They're Real Mascara, Benefit made a really good call bringing out a makeup remover on the same line. The only downside to stay all day makeup is when you eventually want to get it off it can be tricky but this makeup remover is like magic for quickly and easily removing firmly stuck makeup in such a gentle way so it's a brilliant standalone product in itself and it's a really decent sized bottle so it lasts for a very long time!

The defined and very long-lasting look of They're Real Push-Up Liner makes it a bit of a makeup bag saviour which is why it's been such a massive, instant seller - which had an unbelievable pre-order list before its release; it was like a makeup version of Harry Potter! - and why it's been getting endless glowing reviews from journalists, beauty bloggers and customers alike. If you like the liquid liner look this product is a bit of a revelation. I'd highly recommend checking it out and it would also make a brilliant present for anyone you know who loves makeup!

They're Real Push-Up Liner (€25) and They're Real Remover (€19.50) are available at Benefit Boutique, South William Street and from Benefit Counters Nationwide

No comments:

Post a Comment