13 March 2019

Mum's The Word

Of all the people in your life, few deserve to be treated and pampered more than your mum. Here's a list of products, many approved by my own mother, that may help guide you towards either the perfect treat for your mum whatever the occasion!


It's an understatement to say how much mums do for us over the course of their lifetime and, of all people, they deserve a pampering what ever the occasion. This is a list of tried and trusted skincare treats for any type of mum.

L'Occitane Almond Shower Oil (€20.50)

L'Occitane's Almond Shower Oil is one of my all time favourite skincare products and makes every shower so much more luxurious and pampering. You simply rub the oil onto wet skin, I do it at the end of a shower, it turns into a lather on your skin; wash it off and you're left with the most moisturised, gorgeous feeling skin. It's like a mixture of a shower gel and body oil so for busy mums this is a great way of skipping a step but coming out of a shower feeling moisturised and relaxed without having to go through an after shower body lotion routine. I could not recommend this product more, I will never be without a bottle if I can help it!

Eve Lom Cleanser (about €50 for 50ml, €65+ for 100ml, €95+ for 200ml (prices are estimates)

A very new find for me that I'll be reviewing in full shortly but I am one hundred per cent sold on this Eve Lom's cult classic Cleanser and I want one for my mum too. It's like a mixture between a cleanser, a serum and a moisturiser in my opinion. The pot of cleanser comes with a muslin cloth and the whole experience feels so like a mini facial that takes only a couple of minutes to do. The cleanser itself almost feels like an ointment and a little goes a long way. You rub it into dry skin, I like to massage it into my face, you then soak the cloth in hot water, not too hot, squeeze out excess water and pop the cloth over your face and breath in the essential oils for a minute or two. Then use the muslin cloth as a gentle exfoliator to clean off the cleanser. The important part, and why I recommend this product, is that when you're finished, the noticeable difference in your skin is so amazing. You're left with such clear, radiant skin so quickly. This product is a bit on the pricier side of things but is pretty exceptional in its results and would be such a lovely present for your mum, or anyone you think deserves a pampering treat!

Holos Anti-Aging Skin Oil (€22.50)

This Irish made Holos Anti-Aging Skincare Oil is a product I've reviewed in full here before but I thought it worth mentioning as a lovely present for your mum, and it's nice to have an Irish made product on the list too.The oil contails a gorgeous mix of Rose, Palmerosa, Benzoin and Frankincense and Argan oil, all natural remedies for aging and giving a glow to tired skin. I incorporate this in my nighttime regime every day. It feels great to apply and is a lovely, relaxing and useful treat!

Kiehl's Midnight Recovery Concentrate (€42.50)

Another all time favourite and one I've featured many times and reviewed in full here. This was the product that really got me interested in skincare and a product I converted my mum to a long time ago, Kiehl's Midnight Recovery Concentrate is one of my top three desert island products and such a treat for your skin, whatever age you are, and makes such a wonderful gift. I've actually converted so many people to this product. You pop a couple of drops on at night and wake up with such wonderfully soft, radiant skin the next morning. It's great present too because it's such a treat to use, the smell relaxes you and lulls you off to sleep in no time, and it's so hydrating and reviving. This and L'Occitane's Almond Shower Oil  and Eve Lom's Cleaner mentioned above are my all time favourite products and, in my opinion, the loveliest pampering gifts you could treat your mum to.

L'Occitane Divine Cream (€88)

This is a pretty fancy one here and you'll get extra brownie points if you present your mum with this on Mother's Day. L'Occitane's Divine Cream is a super rich, anti aging cream that's in the Creme de la Mere category, with a slightly lower price tag. My mum loves it. Since I've been trialling it over the past few months I share it with her whenever I use it as it's slightly more suited to older skin. It smells divine, a little goes a long way, and it's tailor made for aging skin, giving it a plumping boost, Divine Cream is designed to regenerate aging skin, making it firmer, reduce age spots,  reduce wrinkles and nourish your skin.

Kiehl's Precision Lifting & Pore Tightening Concentrate (€56)

A brand new product by Kiehl's, the brand really excels when it comes to serums. This is a product I've been trialling for a week now, and another product my mum immediately loved. Kiehl's Precision Lifting & Pore Tightening Concentrate is designed to lift skin and tighten pores, like a mini face lift! What I noticed straight away is how the appearance of the skin is improved. It's like a mixture of a couple of their products in one. It feels so lovely to use, the smell is so refreshing. Your skin feels so smooth straight away. I'd recommend most Kiehl's serums as presents for mums to be honest because what I've really noticed more than any other brand is that Kiehl's products really work and do exactly what they say they do!

Lancome Advanced Genefique Youth Activating Concentrate (€73)

This is another slight splurge of a gift idea, I've included this again because it's one of the product's I share with my mum when I'm using it. It's expensive but a little goes a long way, I've been using it since November and there's still plenty left, just a drop or two will do. I usually share the trial of products that are designed for older skin with my mum to see if they work for what they're intended for and this has gone down a treat in our house.

A lot can be said about this product after trialling it now for about four months but what seems most apparent to me is how this smooths the texture of your skin quite noticeably; it makes the appearance of your skin much clearer; it brightens your complexion quite obviously and the result is more radiant, clearer, almost flawless skin. It's got quite a heavy price tag, as I've noticed most effective skincare products do that serve a specific purpose and have quite a bit of research and time behind them, but this is definitely one of those products that the results are equal to the cost of the product and it's a real treat for the skin.

L'Occitane Immortelle Precious BB Cream (€35)

A brand new edition to L'Occitane's Immortelle Precious Collection which I'll be looking at in depth shortly, this BB Cream makes for such lovely, light coverage and also works on improving your skin as you wear it. The anti-aging properties which come from the key ingredient in this range, the Immortelle flower, makes this the perfect treat for your mum, which is why I've chosen to gift my own mum with this product this Mother's Day!

1 comment: