30 March 2021

An Introduction to Malin + Goetz

It's pretty wonderful when you can tell from the first time you try a brand you're going to love all of their products and Malin + Goetz is certainly one of those brands. Here I take a look at their stand out products.


I originally discovered Malin + Goetz during a stay at the remarkable Marker Hotel in Dublin who use exclusively Malin + Goetz toiletries in their rooms. Quite the treat! It was love at first use with their hair and body care products and, after reading so many good reviews of their cult Lip Moisturiser and Vitamin E Face Moisturiser I had to try them out too and they certainly didn't disappoint. After using the brand for a few months it's plain to see that Malin + Goetz strive for simple, well researched, and highly effective products.

A great way to discover any brand is to pick up travel packs and this little gem, Malin + Goetz 1oz Essentials which is available from Space NK on Grafton Street (€30), brings together the perfect collection of Malin + Goetz key products.

Three aspects of all six products stand out in particular to me. Firstly, the quality is so gorgeous, the Peppermint Shampoo and Cilantro Conditioner leave your locks squeaky clean and shiny; the Begamot Body Wash and Vitamin B5 Body Moisturiser leave your skin soft, smooth, and healthy looking; and the Grapefruit Face Cleanser and Vitamin E Face Moisturiser are both such treats for your skin, thoroughly and gently cleaning and moisturising your face leaving it with a fresh and healthy glow.

Secondly, the simplicity of the products really struck me. The shampoo and conditioner do such a great job cleaning and conditioning to leave your hair shining and soft, and the face and body cleansers and moisturisers are also so simple and effective and gimmick free. It seems to me like the products are well researched and made to be of the highest quality in as simple a way as possible. All of their products are designed to prevent irritation and can be used on problem skin.

 Finally, the smell of these products is pretty unreal, the Begamot Body Wash and Vitamin B5 Body Moisturiser in particular leave you smelling so good every time you have a shower, it was one of the selling points for me!

I loved the Vitamin E Face Moisturiser from the travel pack so I was compelled to buy the full size (€46) the next time I went to Space NK. I would classify this in the same category as my beloved Kiehl's Ultra Facial Cream when it comes to pure and simple hydration. It's such a relief for dry and tired skin. Also packed with skin-loving Vitamin E, this is such a great, nourishing moisturiser to have in your bag and apply it whenever your skin is feeling a little wane. I pop it on over my skin routine morning and night and now it's a staple in my skincare regime and a new favorite product.

I got my hands on the Malin + Goetz Lip Moisturiser about a week after I'd published this article on the greatest lip balms and I was so sorry I hadn't found it sooner as it's by far the best lip balm I've ever used and is going to be one of those products I buy time and time again. It's so moisturising I couldn't believe it and it doesn't wear off easily. It also gives your lips such a gorgeous glossy shine and looks amazing over lipstick. A great way to introduce yourself to the brand, the Malin + Goetz Lip Moistiriser is €12.

Malin + Goetz products are available in Ireland at Space NK Grafton Street and at the Wellness Centre at The Marker Hotel Dublin. M+G products are also available at https://www.malinandgoetz.com/ and http://uk.spacenk.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment