19 August 2014

La Vie en Rose - YSL Rose Glow Collection

I am going to be perfectly honest here and admit that when I first saw the three items I'm reviewing here from Yves Saint Laurent's Rose Glow Collection I just squealed with such girlish excitement and put all of them on together immediately... It wasn't my finest moment! I can safely say it's the most beautiful makeup collection I have ever come across. It's just so wonderfully feminine before you even start using it but the best bit is that when you put it on it's a million times better. Prepare to glow!


Let me just say from the outset that the traditional Touche Éclat is a classic and is on every single beauty must have list for so many years for a very good reason. It livens up the dullest parts of the dullest complexion and just works wonders on its own or with other makeup. I absolutely love it and haven't always been able to afford it once I get through another tube of it so when this collection came with a rose gold version of the traditional Touche Éclat I was intrigued and excited. And for good cause! It might even be better than the original and just leaves you with this lovely, subtly rosy illuminated glow.

What I really love about this collection is how naturally the products improve and enhance the appearance of your skin, leaving it looking so healthy and flawless. As I am bridesmaid for three weddings coming up over the next year, and have weddings on my mind constantly at the moment for that reason, this natural and romantic, glowing look struck me as a perfect makeup collection for a bride. The glow lasts throughout the day and if a touch up is desired it doesn't look in any way layered so your face is left light and illuminated for natural flush of love on the most romantic of days.

Here's the lowdown on the collection product by product:

Rose Gold Primer (€40.00)

All three items I'm reviewing here leave you with the most amazing, glowing complexion with a slight pink and gold hue. It's important to note that it doesn't actually turn your face pink; it contains light-reflecting elements that have a natural pink tint. It makes your complexion so healthy and pretty, starting with the Rose Gold Primer (Le Teint Touche Éclat) which can be used on its own or with your foundation. I've actually been using this for two weeks straight, every day, many times with no other makeup because I just love the effect it has on my skin. It evens everything out and your skin is illuminated without being shiny in any way. And it works beautifully with foundation and especially with the highlighter and blusher in this collection. It strikes me that for a complete makeup look this range would work perfectly with just a light line of liquid liner, mascara and a similarly pink, lightly tinted lip gloss to match the shade of the collection. Simple and pretty.


Rose Gold Highlighter (€35.00)

The Rose Gold Highlighter is like a much more potent, creamier version of the primer and basically works just like the regular Touche Éclat except with a rose and gold hue. It brightens up eyes, highlights cheekbones and has amazing light-reflecting properties that can really distract from any imperfection. It also has very fine, sparkly gold flecks in it which look great on the inner corners of your eyes and on your cheek bones.



 Rose Gold Blusher (€40.00)

As you can probably gather from the photos, this Rose Gold Blusher is a little piece of art. The packaging is so beautiful; it even comes in a YSL black velvet case. You are almost loathed to disturb the gorgeous design of the blush itself. It also smells as amazing as it looks. The box comes with a little blusher brush but you'd need a bigger brush to really get the most out of the product. The primary shade is such a potent, pigmented cerise pink. You don't need too much at all on the apples of your cheeks to give you a very appealing flush and in the centre is a very rose gold shade with flecks of gold that can be swept over the primary pink. This blusher looks even better when you use the Touche Éclat highlighter pen across your cheekbones after applying the blush for the perfect rosy, romantic glow.

The two other items available in this collection are the Rose Gold Face Powder (€44.50) and the Rose Gold Blush Brush (€40.00). Both of which I of course want.

I really hope this collection isn't limited edition because I'm completely hooked and all three items reviewed are now essentials in my make up bag. I don't ever want to not have that lovely rosy gold glow at the my disposal ever again!

The Yves Saint Laurent Rose Glow Collection is available now exclusively to YSL counters in larger Boots stores.

No comments:

Post a Comment